Warning: Bleach is a hazard in very high concentrations. This activity is for older toddlers or children who can work carefully and safely. Cover the work area with newspaper and wear smocks to protect clothing. Work in a well ventilated space to avoid breathing fumes.
- Well Ventilated Space
- Smocks and Newspaper
- Bleach (can be watered down)
- Colored Tissue Paper or Construction Paper
- Protect participants and surfaces, by putting out newspaper and wearing smocks. Be sure to work in a well ventilated area.
- Lay out colored tissue paper (may want to tape or weigh down edges).
- Use a Q-Tip like a paintbrush. Dip the Q-Tip into the bleach and make a design on the tissue paper.
- Watch what the bleach does. What do you notice?