- Colored tissue paper
- leaves or flowers that will lay flat
- bits of material, grated crayons or clear wax
- waxed paper
- newspaper or white paper
- electric iron
- Have child make a design on a sheet of waxed paper, making sure to integrate wax or grated crayons in the design. Put a piece of waxed paper over the entire design.
- Cover completely with newspaper or white paper, then press with a hot iron (dry heat – no steam). The waxed paper will melt, trapping the design, and the extra wax/crayon will reinforce this. Allow to cool.
- Hang on a window, use for placements, or paste onto bookmarks.