- Construction paper roll or roll made of thick paper taped or rubber-banded together
- Sugar, salt, or fine sand
- Clear Plastic Wrap
- Tape or rubber band
- Cover container with wrap.
- Have child talk into the construction paper roll, above the covered container. This should make the salt or sugar move. Alternatively, the child could tap on the container like a drum.
- Discuss why the powder moved. Sound makes waves, which moved the powder. These same sound waves move little hairs in our ears, so we can hear.