John W. Christian Greenbelt & Calabazas Creek
Enjoy the paved path that is popular with locals and connects playgrounds and parks in this neighborhood greenbelt.
- John W. Christian Greenbelt passes through many neighborhoods in Sunnyvale, making it a convenient place to exercise and play.
- Orchard Gardens Park, Lakewood Park & School, and Fairwood Park & School are adjacent to the Greenbelt. Collectively, they have tennis courts, play structures, benches, tables, and lawns.
- The Greenway passes by a shopping center West of Lawrence Expressway.
- There are ample benches along the length of the path.
- The Greenway is almost entirely paved and is well maintained.
- Bicycles are allowed.
- Dogs are allowed on leash.
- The Greenbelt connects to Calabazas Creek Trail which connects to Baylands Park(see www.strollerhikes.com/Hikes/BaylandsPark/BaylandsPark.html) and Bay Trail (see www.strollerhikes.com/Hikes/BayTrail/BayTrail.html), making it possible to make this a long trek.
The trail is still being developed, so there are some places where you will have to walk along sidewalks or through business parking lots, until the trail is completed. All of these regions are very clearly marked on the trail map.
The Greenway is flat and almost entirely paved. In some places where the path intersects the road, the curve is not graded for wheelchair access. Additionally, some navigation through parking lots or on sidewalks is needed where the Greenway is fragmented, making it less than ideal for handicapped use.
- Recommended Routes