Access this huge open space from Skyline Boulevard or Half Moon Bay, for hilly hiking, views, and a wide range of flora and fauna.
- For a good hill workout, Purisima Creek Redwoods takes the cake!
- Purisima has beautiful ferns, firs, oaks, wildflowers, and mosses. This preserve is packed with birds, dragonflies, and butterflies. Also find banana slugs and lizards.
- Purisima Creek Redwoods Open Space Preserve's Skyline trailhead is directly across from Huddart Park, which has two gate entrances along Skyline. To extend your hike on a wider and more moderately graded trail, try one of Huddart's trails from this trailhead.
- Bicycles are allowed when trails are dry - this is a popular mountain biking area.
- Picnic tables abound, each with their own lovely shaded area, along Redwood Trail.
- Redwood Trail is an all-access trail with a nice bench, bathrooms, and picnic facilities.
- No dogs are allowed.
- No smoking permitted.
- Stay on the trail to avoid ticks and poison oak.
- If you'd like a long, flat hike, this isn't your place. All long hikes involve some hills.
Redwood Trail is an all-access trail. It is moderately graded in places, but mostly flat. There is a handicapped-enabled bathroom, picnic tables, and a bench along the path.
- Recommended Routes