Enjoy the shady start at Piers Lane or sunny entrance at Stanford Avenue; either way, you’re up for hills, sun, and views on this paved, wide, popular course.
- This is an almost entirely paved, hilly workout circuit. Get ready to sweat!
- Wildlife includes squirrels, lizards, deer, coyotes, rabbits, garter snakes, and various birds.
- Enjoy beautiful views of the bay, Stanford's campus (clocktower stands out), the Santa Cruz Mountains, and grassy meadows.
- Every time I work out here, I get cheers from strangers! Go mom!
- The Stanford Dish ranger (at his station at the Stanford Ave. trailhead) is the nicest, and will wish you well as you enter and exit!
- Fantastic old logs along the Piers Lane trail, with their mangled roots and hollow centers.
- No dogs allowed
- No bicycles allowed
- No smoking
- Stay on the trails to avoid ticks and poison oak!
There are no explicit accommodations for handicapped people. The trail is smooth enough for a wheelchair, but steeply graded.
- Recommended Routes