Sometimes it’s difficult to find the motivation to take time out of our busy schedule for a hike. However, here are some reasons which will hopefully provide that motivation needed to take that step outside!
- Push your limits: For some, pushing your limits may simply be finding the courage to go outside and exercise. Despite your experience and capabilities, hiking is always a good way to explore your boundaries and challenge not other people, but your self, pushing yourself towards a new goal each time and making yourself a better person
- Meet new people: Hiking is a great way to meet new people, especially if you’re hiking in a group such as in Stroller Hikes. Hiking gives you a chance to explore the outdoors with other people, and the bonds formed from hiking may even lead to deep and long-lasting connections throughout one’s life.
- An escape from real life: Need a break from the hustle and hurry of real life? Take a hike. Hiking will allow you an “escape” from the stress of real life and an outlet to relax. In fact, studies have shown that being in nature significantly improves one’s well being and stress levels.
- Get fit: If you often lack the motivation to exercise, try hiking! Hiking isn’t as physically demanding as running or other sports, and also allows you to enjoy the moment and de-stress.
- Family time: Hiking with family is a great way to improve your family relations. With no distractions other than nature, hiking is great for family bonding, as it allows deep conversations and a greater awareness of one’s surroundings.
- Appreciation: Hiking will help you gain a greater appreciation of nature and your life. Often after hiking, I feel more positive, relaxed and appreciative of people around me.
So go give hiking a try, whether it be a Stroller Hikes hike or a solo hike; you never know how it will change you.